I read with a mixture of admiration and envy of my writer friend Ted Mahsun on what a good year he has had in 2006 in terms of writing.
As such, he has motivated me to achieve the same for next year – so I have set a list of hopes and goals for 2007.
1. Set the target of planning and writing 6 short stories.
2. Developing a story frame work for my novel and seriously finish writing the first and second chapters of it.
3. Complete the 30 Books to read challenge – 2 to 3 books per month
4. Write a simple book review of each of the 30 books that I read this year.
5. Attend or organise writer meet-ups.
6. Write 10 poems and perform at least one in public
7. Attend the short seminars/talks at MPH’s KL Writers Club.
8. Develop or write a few short plays and submit them to any of the theatre groups.
9. Never stop writing and reading no matter how tired or exhausted I am – either on blogs, in my writer’s pad or exercise books.